1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

pyncheon thread

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by lcw1995, Aug 27, 2011.

1. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    Quote:The little hens have the most beautiful personalities, don't they?
    One of my little hens, Veronica, is IN LOVE with my husband( I call her "the other woman"). The minute she hears his voice, she comes running as hard as she can to get to "her man". [​IMG]

2. becky3086

becky3086 Crested Crazy

Oct 14, 2008
    Thomson, GA
    The hens are fine but my roosters are a bit peckish (my hand if they get close enough--which I don't let happen often). I notice that two of the chicks jump at my hand too when I put the water in (roos? Could be).

3. Pyncheon guy

Pyncheon guy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 17, 2010
    NW Michigan
    That's too funny......they are a commical breed sometimes......i just had three chicks hatch out about a week ago....one is white....I now have a full trio of white Pyncheons....just another project to play with. Always glad to hear of other people's "Pyncheon endeavors".....keep us posted....

4. becky3086

becky3086 Crested Crazy

Oct 14, 2008
    Thomson, GA
    Oooo, white ones! How nice. You will have to post some pictures for us sometime.

5. Pyncheon guy

Pyncheon guy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 17, 2010
    NW Michigan
    I lucked out....I now have a mature pair of whites and it looks like this new chick will be a pullet.....I'm hoping to get some more hatched yet this year..... I will post some more photos soon....

Last edited: Aug 27, 2011
  6. becky3086

becky3086 Crested Crazy

Oct 14, 2008
    Thomson, GA
    Well, you were absolutely right-all pinkish legs.
    Anyway, here are pictures of the 4 babies I have right now.

These are the two promising ones:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These two are not promising:

[​IMG]
    Definitely a little roo in this last one.
    [​IMG]

I definitely want to hatch a bunch more but one of the mothers hatched these herself so she is not laying. The other mother that I started with was killed by a snake but her two, now grown babies (both hens) are in with the roos now but one of them is the crest-less one. I do have to say though, of the babies so far the crest-less one has the best mille fleur pattern. The roos seem to hate her though.

7. lcw1995

lcw1995 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 27, 2010
    Marysville Ohio
    lots of good info here...thank you :)
    eta:cute birds too...ill get pictures of my roo here in a little bit to post.... :)

Last edited: Aug 28, 2011
  8. becky3086

becky3086 Crested Crazy

Oct 14, 2008
    Thomson, GA
    Does anyone know of anyone selling eggs or chicks? I know there was one hatchery once that had some but I can't remember which one.

9. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    Just thought I'd share a pic of one of my gals. Broodiest little birds I've ever seen!
    [​IMG]

10. lcw1995

lcw1995 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 27, 2010
    Marysville Ohio
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by