Pyxis' Emu Chat Thread

Pics
Week five update!

Egg 22 has lost 60 grams, and should have lost 59.5 grams. Right on target, looking good! Egg B has lost 60.9 grams and should have lost 57.4. A little high, still in the safe weight loss zone. Egg A, which I'm 98% certain is a dud, has lost 66.4 grams and should have lost 59.85. So it's a bit high, but actually not as bad as before. Still no tilt or wiggling though.

Egg C is on day 24, and should have lost 48 grams. It's lost 48.9 grams, so it's pretty much dead on as well.
"Week 5" so day 35...but egg C is on day 24??

Sorry guys, I don't have much time to make own thread or posting videos since I currently do a serie of night shifts at work.
But today, I've heard chirping:celebrate from both sets of eggs, so I hope everything is allright with them.:)
Thak you all for your kind replies!
What day are you on @Mark83 ?

IIRC.....Emu take 55 days incubation?

"Week 5" so day 35...but egg C is on day 24??

Yep, egg C was set later than the original three, so it's behind by 11 days. Will have to check it for the tilt test and heat test soon.

Emu eggs can take anywhere from 49 to 62 days to hatch, depending on what temperature you incubate them at. I'm aiming for a day 50 hatch, but it could easily go longer than that.

Yep, egg C was set later than the original three, so it's behind by 11 days. Will have to check it for the tilt test and heat test soon.

Emu eggs can take anywhere from 49 to 62 days to hatch, depending on what temperature you incubate them at. I'm aiming for a day 50 hatch, but it could easily go longer than that.
Whoa....that makes it difficult to plan your vacation days LOL I hope you are able to be there when they pop out :fl

Week five update!

Egg 22 has lost 60 grams, and should have lost 59.5 grams. Right on target, looking good! Egg B has lost 60.9 grams and should have lost 57.4. A little high, still in the safe weight loss zone. Egg A, which I'm 98% certain is a dud, has lost 66.4 grams and should have lost 59.85. So it's a bit high, but actually not as bad as before. Still no tilt or wiggling though.

Egg C is on day 24, and should have lost 48 grams. It's lost 48.9 grams, so it's pretty much dead on as well.
Fantastic! :celebrate
:fl:pop (well trying anyway):rolleyes:
I couldn't watch the video. I'm having issues with my phone and it's making next to impossible to keep up.
But I'll keep trying..:lau
Sorry guys, I don't have much time to make own thread or posting videos since I currently do a serie of night shifts at work.
But today, I've heard chirping:celebrate from both sets of eggs, so I hope everything is allright with them.:)
Thak you all for your kind replies!
Woohoo!! :celebrate :fl:pop

vjcxh81yv
Hi guys! Have some great news - all of my fertilized eggs succesfully hatched!
Out of 7 eggs, this is not a bad result I guess ..
vjcxh81yv

Back
Top Bottom