Pyxis' Emu Chat Thread

Pics
many other animals do daddy based rearing From Penquins to some monkeys and fish and insects.

So emu, ostrich, and penguins all have the male brood/hatch/care for the eggs... these are all flightless birds. Coincidence? I wonder if other flightless birds have the male brood? I wonder if there are other birds that fly that have the male brood? hmm...

So emu, ostrich, and penguins all have the male brood/hatch/care for the eggs... these are all flightless birds. Coincidence? I wonder if other flightless birds have the male brood? I wonder if there are other birds that fly that have the male brood? hmm...

Many species of parrot take turns between the male and female when brooding the eggs. Birds of prey like eagles do it too. So it's not just flightless males, bird males in general tend to be good parents :)

Many species of parrot take turns between the male and female when brooding the eggs. Birds of prey like eagles do it too. So it's not just flightless males, bird males in general tend to be good parents :)
Pigeons take turns too!!! And both parents produce crop milk for feeding the first week. Both parents feed the nestlings until weaning at 25 to 30days of age. :)

Back
Top Bottom