Pyxis' Emu Chat Thread

'What's going on with those two?:)'

Morning, Bio.

Well, the accounts of spazzy dancing here on BYC, and the Youtubes I've seen, don't convey the running part: in the wild, spazzy dancing involves long runs. It usually goes: first, the actual dance, like breast-to-ground-jump-up and whirly twirls. Then often a stretch of running with krazee built in, like jumping up to 'kick at the moon.'
But spazzy dances usually conclude with long fast crazy runs -- and the clip is a snippet of that. I was getting ready to record; heard them coming; and got a few seconds of clumsy footage as they roared past.

And the point is: it's irrelevant that these rothschildis are tame-wild. This is footage of what wild emus do.

Supreme Emu

'No emus near me but I am able to observe a pair of Great Horned owls nesting across the street.:)'

The 'overflow' of interest in birds is a nice part of these threads. Look up 'Red-Tailed Black Cockatoo.' Sighted a group of about thirty down by the river. Biggest group ever.

B was posing a bit yesterday when he was having his evening run-around:

MCKoCSgkTdf_o51V30oAIBCU1hwUuRJwF-c5jGS87avwDABbIEUpof-LzalzNJhOhfWL9qTBkpslbf4BmB3dAjm1Yggi3ajot6eZJexcI-OA5fg_TKcM6DkC6iMgkrObHoyxqlCUxK0LuNUWN4Ljzji9hJCk9KZJuhcQ0-5fU0A8D1hCdqCnwl45rqolwO27ORrFOx9A1Q4Ftrj1sCywNkSqHvteeOWHGz--0pFcGbNSeEqm1Z_KnnJfGOXb4GbSTSyMWquEPZHCQxHnXKN_bJkAgjONBPIoMhjn4O77-MuuP_651OAdeONYiWLF0syJqrdajs9i0oiRC9KbEMQpqA9MzZzWu4b6l6U5bnntapLBY3f3lasMWiTSrCK2yAusyDxhqgqq47chzI-qrqDbQzu-YXmFnLZd7L-IFG_YRYHrHBVF6bWnAbM4qnn1yvh6r8x7AjNPOLgfOdRAaqzp5P5mvgsuKdmKnzaV9JoAg9sx4uqswIB82yS_wQIpq1mfALvhM4KXf4u4WGayJbjMyQ-Mp7lT6WZaBd4Y9lITo-zLYPK0epZMn9lk2NO6Byy8e_qjWYeaRyBAGl838rkByyKkY8gBf4SxqWhbBBDXHaMZQEh0KGb04pN6VNVygRzFmEArlU2PxDyUODAtcicmi69uYrK8APU=w1052-h789-no

I'm thinking I may name him Phoenix :) So it would be Phoenix and Lyra.

Back
Top Bottom