Pyxis' Emu Chat Thread

Hmmm

, is it maybe waterbelly? I know wether can get it but not sure about birds

Quite possibly it's just another deformity of some kind causing it. It's also having leg issues, which in an emu is fatal. At this point, it's more a matter of when it dies, not if. In a couple days if it's not up and around, I will put it to sleep. I won't let it suffer and starve to death because it can't get to the food.

Quite possibly it's just another deformity of some kind causing it. It's also having leg issues, which in an emu is fatal. At this point, it's more a matter of when it dies, not if. In a couple days if it's not up and around, I will put it to sleep. I won't let it suffer and starve to death because it can't get to the food.
Ah, okay. Such a shame

Are birth defects like this something that should be reported back to the breeder? Or is it assumed it’s more related to shipping?

I did report it back to her, just in case. But she has never seen this happen in her flock before, so this one might have been shipping issues. Or I'm just the lucky person to get the first one with defects.

Ciara wanted to murder my hat today.

I've worn the hat plenty of times. Granted, it IS black with neon stripes and I thought she might go after it the first time I wore it, but she fine.

Today though. Today the hat was irresistible.

She stole it off my head twice. So I gave up and shoved it in my pocket. She stalked me until she could pull it out of my pocket.

Back to the purple hat for emu chores, then. Lol.

Chances are likely it has a retained yolk sack, am so sorry for that and it not having any eyes...so very sad indeed. It prob. won't live past 2 weeks. 😢

Blue is getting bigger. S/he is also a spaz. I'd say it's the lack of company, but Ciara was brooded alone at first and she was never such a spaz. I'm hoping I don't have a crazy 100 pound bird on my hands when she's fully grown.

Also, I have confirmed life in one of the Easter set eggs :) I saw wiggling tonight.

Back
Top Bottom