Pyxis' Emu Chat Thread

A more scientifically accurate depiction of Blue from JW, and Blue (the emu's) namesake:

ma105czm36351.jpg

Wrists are still pronated, though. Which bugs me, haha.

(Also she isn't really even a velociraptor - the book that Michael Crichton used for research had a deinonychus skeleton mislabeled as velociraptor. So all the JP and JW raptors are really based on Deinonychus. Real Velociraptor was the size of a border collie.)
I love the fact that someone knows this! My son wants to be a paleontologist so this has always interested us

I think I'd draw the line there, lol. I've seen one very up close at a zoo before. My brain immediately did this thing where it told me that that was a real live dinosaur and I should not get closer. Seriously, as soon as it took some steps all I could think was 'dinosaur'.

Ostriches I'd consider. I've got a friend up here that has a pair of ostriches along with his emus and they're okay. I even petted them. Big, but don't set off 'this thing will kill me' vibes in my brain like that cassowary did.

Also they cost like $10,000 so there's that, haha.
I don't know about ostriches not being very dinosaur like. There is a dinosaur called the ornithomimus who's name means "ostrich mimic"

I don't know about ostriches not being very dinosaur like. There is a dinosaur called the ornithomimus who's name means "ostrich mimic"
Oh, they for sure are! There's just something about cassowaries. It's hard to explain, and I didn't think seeing one would be so different from my emus. I was wrong. I can't really describe it.

I still call my emus my dinosaurs though!
Happy Birthday! @Pyxis have a wonderful day 🎂 🥳

Happy Birthday @Pyxis !!!!🎉🎂

Back
Top Bottom