q&a

I have a older bantam Cochin frizzle rooster. He is molting. But yesterday and more today he stands and is breathing through his beak. Like he can't get enough air.

Okay... Was using poultry nipples on 1lt bottles suspended in coop and run as water supply for my girls. I have now installed those same nipples on the bottom of a 5 gallon Lowes bucket... Thing is... I can't get them to drink from it??? Confused!!!

here you can ask me anything about chickens and I will aswer

But...aren't you the one who just made an account yesterday to ask several questions about your own sick chickies? o.o;; And you also called someone else a "prissy know-it-all" in a different thread! But isn't making a thread claiming to know everything and wanting to be asked anything kind of being a...well, a know-it-all? :p

I'm not trying to antagonize you, I just don't want anyone to come here needing medical help and end up hurting their feathered babies because of bad advice.

Last edited:
But...aren't you the one who just made an account yesterday to ask several questions about your own sick chickies? o.o;; And you also called someone else a "prissy know-it-all" in a different thread! But isn't making a thread claiming to know everything and wanting to be asked anything kind of being a...well, a know-it-all? :p

I'm not trying to antagonize you, I just don't want anyone to come here needing medical help and end up hurting their feathered babies because of bad advice.

x2

allright we did the same thing with the nipples it takes a little whie but they will get thirst and drink it ok then the broody she justneeds to be left alone she was probably just hot from sitting in the box

allright we did the same thing with the nipples it takes a little whie but they will get thirst and drink it ok then the broody she justneeds to be left alone she was probably just hot from sitting in the box

It's not a broody. It's a male. Susan, is that the only symptom he's showing? Is he just panting normally or is he stretching his neck out and gasping? If it's the latter it could be anything from a throat blockage to gapeworm. Please let us know how he's doing. As for the water nipples, often you need to show a chicken where the water is and demonstrate how it works before they get it. They're not the smartest birds. :p

What color is your bucket? Ive cleaned my run with a white bucket for awhile now but today I used a new blue bucket and you woulda thot I ran in there swinging a rake at em. Same with toe nail polish. If its a new color my toes get pecked. Lol. Mine have been "panting" as I call it. Its been pretty muggy here thr past few days. Make sure the water gets changed a few times so its not hot. I keep my chicken water in a gallon jug in my fridge.

What color is your bucket? Ive cleaned my run with a white bucket for awhile now but today I used a new blue bucket and you woulda thot I ran in there swinging a rake at em. Same with toe nail polish. If its a new color my toes get pecked. Lol. Mine have been "panting" as I call it. Its been pretty muggy here thr past few days. Make sure the water gets changed a few times so its not hot. I keep my chicken water in a gallon jug in my fridge.

LOL! My Wobbles is terrified of new stimuli, whether it's a song playing or even a piece of jewelry. She runs away from my wooden bead bracelet. :p Poor thing...she's got a lot to get used to if she's ever gonna pass her therapy animal cert.

What's the update on the chickies? Is the panting behavior still persisting?

Mine have stopped panting. We finally got aome rain and it cooled down. That day I did turn on the sprinkler for them. They dont like the water but I think it helped cool the air at least.

Back
Top Bottom