Q from a Guy: What's the best iron?

AllChookUp

Will Shut Up for Chocolate
11 Years
May 7, 2008
Frozen Lake, MN
DW has given me a few hints Christmas. I know she tends to be cheap when she buys things for herself, so for ONE of her gifts, I want to buy her a nice iron.

Any input on good models? I'm guessing she would want something solid, heavy-duty, good steam, etc.

Please help a semi-clueless DH.

Last edited:
Look, ks, she actually TOLD me she wants me to buy her an iron as one of her gifts. I always, ALWAYS buy her some nice jewelry even though she makes me swear I will not spend much money on her.

I just knew I was gonna get grief about this post...
roll.png

Last edited:
Okay guys, give him a break. Rowenta makes some of the best irons in the business. We used one in the costume making room at the ballet studio, if that tells you anything. The costumer was cheaper than dirt, but he refused to use any other brand of iron.
Good luck, dear, and don't forget to breathe when you see the price!
th.gif

ksacres wrote:
My dh is the only one that irons around here. I'll have to ask him when he calls later- I will report back on said iron in the a.m.

While you're at it, ask your DH what he uses to get the pleats on his skirt so sharp.​

Last edited:
Chooks it is commendable that you are getting her what she has asked for! One year I asked for a coal bunker...it was all I wanted my Dh bought it..I was happy!

Regarding irons, you probably have lots more models in the US than we do here in the Uk...so I am going to step back on this one. But don't forget to buy her some perfume as well! Woman always love perfume...........If she does not wear it try Paris by Yves San Laurent....it is tooooo beautiful...light and femine and long lasting.

Good luck chook

Quote:
Yeah, make sure those earrings are covered at all times!

Seriously, Allchook, for the most affection that could possibly be gained from presenting an iron as a gift, I would take the advice on brands you will get in this thread, then buy it now, and give it to her now - unrelated to Christmas. It will be a 1) delightful surprise 2) you'll get points for telling her it doesn't match your idea of a sweetheart gift and 3) your muscle tees will be much better ironed now, even before Christmas.

Good luck. I've heard that long woolen underwear makes for a great gift too.

Back
Top Bottom