Q from a Guy: What's the best iron?

If I send my shirts to your DH, will he iron them for me? I hate to iron! Sigh... remember the days when women took in ironing for "Pin money"? Hey! Maybe that's how DH can pay for his hobbies (I KNOW he's got a hobby, he's a male, right?)

Quote:
DKNY Be Delicious is good too. I asked my sister for it, but she got me Marc Jacobs "Daisy", which is pretty fresh smelling too.

Don't know nothing about irons...both my mom and wife tried to teach me and it has not gone well...it requires attention to detail...not my strength! Just wanted to give you support. My wife sounds like yours. She likes to get things with cords...don't ask me why...I get her jewelry and I get in trouble. In fact, we have a $$ limit on gifts cuz I like to go overboard according to her. We only get $50 for each other now! There is no way she is getting me a gun for that...
sad.png

I just bought an iron, I told DH I needed a new one as well, he didn't know what to get so I went and bought it myself. I got mine at Bed, Bath & Beyond and it wasn't top of the line and it wasn't the cheapest, just a nice in between one that they had for $59.95, don't know what the brand is but it sure is a nice one. I think that's the key is to not go with the cheapest mid priced ones are usually just as good as the expensive ones without the added features you really don't need for everyday ironing!

What's wrong with an iron for x mas? If that is something I asked for, I'd want it! I don't iron, so couldln't use it, but if it was something I could use, I'd be happy!

Great things are things that can be used. Like a car jack, tools, air compressor, drills, jig saw.... boy, that makes me sound like a guy...

Perhaps try:

http://www.consumersearch.com/steam-irons

Last edited:
ksacres wrote:
Here Here, I second Buff! If she wants one, I would get her one, but for Pete's SAKE! Don't give her one for Christmas.

Here's to the death of the helpless romantic in all of us if you do!

Whether you want to believe me or not, I am about as romantic a spouse as there is. I send her flowers, not on birthdays and Valentine's Day, but on other days, just because. I always think of her first, do little things around the house that she doesn't expect, and leave notes.

I refuse to believe that by giving her an iron THAT SHE NEEDS as ONE OF her Christmas presents, it spells and end to romance everywhere.

SO. Thank you, BFeathered, for that one iron recommendation.
Thank you to EC & Buff for the great perfume suggestions.

And for those that were no help at all, well...
Thanks for....

roll.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom