Quail 4 day old chick, what does it mean when standing tall and making 5 louder calls?

geminihc

In the Brooder
Apr 5, 2020
what does this call mean? i just want to ensure they arent in distress. other than that they all seem to chirp pretty happily.

also, secondary qestion. i got wild bird feed and it doesnt really say the % protein, however corn is the highest ingredient in the list. i hear that these need 25-30% protein, can i blend up some dry cat food and mix it in?

hmmm. not sure about the call, but if they are acting normal otherwise, they should be fine.
as for the food, i ground up dried meal worms. cat food should be okay, Just it will be hard to tell if you are getting the right protein. i just bought chicken feed and did the mealworms, and it worked fine. Other people say you can use turkey feed too. maybe look up the product on amazon, then look at the info?
:confused:

For the food, I can just follow the previous posters... Please use chicken or quails starter crumbles. These are domesticated birds, not to exchange with their wild ancestors.

For the calling,... these are all individuals. I have one quail hen, which also called very loud from the beginning .... that's why she's called Tweety 😂
Thought may she is calling more intense for mother and friends, nevertheless she is still the loudest. Just her character.

Back
Top Bottom