Quail Aggression

rick54

In the Brooder
6 Years
Sep 5, 2013
Rockford, Michigan
Every so often I read statements concerning quail aggression towards other birds and humans. It's the human point I'm inquiring about. Does that mean the birds just don't like to be handled, or you might get a little nip here and there? Or does it mean that these birds are ferocious and you need to suit up with leather welding gloves and gauntlets before reaching into their pen because they don't nip, they remove chunks of hide drawing blood?

Just curious.

They are so vicious that they could rip the wings off a butterfly eat it within seconds.

Depends on the bread. I had Coturnix & they rarely do anything once you pick then up. The most dangerous thing is sticking your hand in when they are hungry. They are always hungry. They will peck your hand but it would take a while to do any damage. To me it doesn't hurt.

Last edited:
My quail have been mean to each other they always run to the farthest corner of their pen when i open the door unless i have the bag of dried mealworms they wait at the door when they see the red bag coming i have cots.

Back
Top Bottom