quail and pheasants??

Quote:
Have you tried this before are what? Your saying it won't work & then after you said that your saying it could work HUH Then your saying they will kill the quail I'm confused already.

The real answer is what works for me might not work for you.there is no given answer.I have pheasants and quail in the same pen if one of the pheasants start picking on the quail I will shuffle them around until they get along.it depends on how aggressive your pheasants are. all are not alike there just like people some get along and some dont.so try it and if it works out then every thing is ok if not move the pheasants.

Actually I aint so sure about the quail being the underdog here. I put 4 pheasant in with a good batch of bobs and they beat them pheasants like a gangbag party. Havent done that one again.

Quote:
Have you tried this before are what? Your saying it won't work & then after you said that your saying it could work HUH Then your saying they will kill the quail I'm confused already.

I've heard of people doing this, basically I'm saying it could work for someone, but that doesn't mean it will work for you.

Quote:
thumbsup.gif

That's the #1 thing people need to understand on this forum. There is no 'right way' or 'wrong way' to do things. What works for one might not work for another and so on. I do things with my birds that would have some people nay-saying and flipping out, but it works for me.

90% of raising birds is experience, the other 10% can be found here.

AMEN shelley if I had taken the advice of those that told me no that wont work I would still be in ohio working in a factory.BUT I retired at 50 years old and I live and own 314 acres that is mine NO PAYMENTS.so thank you for saying that.
clap.gif

I'm not disagreeing with the experienced part. I wanted to know if someone has actually done this with the two birds & what actually happened. Hear say & actually experiencing this is like night & day. I have a big pen with around 70 Bob Whites. Here's my pen.
63768_finished_coop_001.jpg

7L farm I have 11 pheasants and 15 quail in the same pen its 10X 50 and they get along fine they have been in the same pen for over one year.the only time there is trouble is when I add a new bird.alot of people do this over crowd anything and your asking for trouble.I have 4 birds that wont get along with anything so I keep them in there own cage or I sell them.they have there own personality just like humans.

Back
Top Bottom