quail aviary

pigeoner

Chirping
Dec 2, 2017
OH
hi! i am thinking about building a quail aviary this upcoming spring. i currently have a pen that is in a shed with plenty of light but i was wondering if i could somehow plant a few plants in it or just place the plants in the pen with them still in the pots. i want them to feel like they are in their natural habitat yet keep them in the shed 24/7. also i was wondering if anyone had ideas for a mini water feature in the pen.

Plants are always appreciated! Sounds like a great plan. If you want to add a water feature it would need to be shallow and have a good filtration system because they will poop in it. If it's really hot my girls will jump in the water bowl when I change it so if it was too deep they would drown. A dust bathing area is a must too.

I'd love to give our girls a more natural area but we've had rat troubles (attacking/pulling birds through 1/2 inch hardware cloth) so it's going to take some planning.

i had my old quails outside and they got eaten by a weasel:( so i think this time i'll go with the indoors. i just have to figure out how to make it natural as possible. thanks

Back
Top Bottom