Quail Baby Demands Snuggles [Video]

They've been getting egg feed mixed into their crumb since day 1 and yet they look like teenies... I've started adding multivitamin powder too now to see if that helps anymore. I already feed them the crumb feed, seeds, nuts, egg feed, cat food, and worms, I genuinely don't know how to add anymore protein at this point.
Oh, you know what else I just thought of to ask...I saw a change in mine as I started cutting back on the heat lamp...they seemed to start feathering faster and growing a bit quicker as I reduced the heat. How warm is their brooder? :)

Oh, you know what else I just thought of to ask...I saw a change in mine as I started cutting back on the heat lamp...they seemed to start feathering faster and growing a bit quicker as I reduced the heat. How warm is their brooder? :)
Not very warm actually. They were in the incubator for about a week because I couldn’t get it hot enough. They’re in the brooder now of course, but I find they always choose to cuddle with me over the heat pad - whenever I walk into the room they come screaming over to me from under there to begin with. They are growing feathers though, but some are further along than others

Not very warm actually. They were in the incubator for about a week because I couldn’t get it hot enough. They’re in the brooder now of course, but I find they always choose to cuddle with me over the heat pad - whenever I walk into the room they come screaming over to me from under there to begin with. They are growing feathers though, but some are further along than others
I think protein is probably the main problem. You said you’ve upped the protein, so now it’s just giving them time to catch up. Next time you’ll know and can get the chicks on higher protein from the start. I wouldnt worry too much.

Back
Top Bottom