Quail born with fused toes.

Well she has been officially named shotglass.
She goes in at 30 min intervals. So far it seems to have helped.

Do you have a grippy surface for her to walk on? Is she eating and drinking yet?
She drinks and eats better than the other 2 actually. Wanted to eat seconda after hatching. Drinks and eats well.
The splayed leg is not as bad, and she can get around.
I have used the rubber cabinet mats with grip nubs in incubator and brooder. It looks like the splaying is because the outside toe is fused to the middle, and her ankle is slightly twisted so it slides out from under her easier. He hip on that leg seems a little twisted as well, but the shot glass therapy sessions is helping her be more mobile for sure.
Rn we are on a baby check/ water break while i travel 2 hrs with them. They seem to be okay. No squeaking, and eating and drinking happily. So i think this trip wont be too hard on them. Have 19 minutes to my final destination.

Here is shotglass... she gets along "okay" but could be better! Still slight splaying occasionally but it is definitely better.

Attachments

• 20200712_165653.jpg
    20200712_165653.jpg
    238 KB · Views: 9
  • 20200712_165253.jpg
    20200712_165253.jpg
    270.3 KB · Views: 10
That's great! So you're leaving her toes fused, then?
Im not sure... it def. Just seems to be the webbing that has them fused. And it could cause disability or arthritis later i suppose from thw unnatural way the muscles have to grow. But she is the sweetest thing and loves snuggles and i dont want yo break our bond by hacking her toes apart you know? Lol

Back
Top Bottom