Quail Chick Complications

Witness316

In the Brooder
Jul 13, 2022
We had 18 fertilized eggs. So far 9 of them have hatched, one dead in shell and 2 didn't propagate, 6 still unhatched. One of the 9 that hatched successfully, is having some issues. Not able to pick up head, legs shaking a lot, lathargic and just weak looking. The other 8 are healthy and strong and moved to their temporary brooder. The other 6 I'm still incubating for the next 48 hours. It is day 23 almost 24 at 6pm tonight. What should I do with the sickly acting chick? Seems like it is suffering.

this is one is still not doing well its flailing around. still can hold neck up. struggling to get feet under it. cant stay moving and down isn't drying but yet the other 8 are thriving, may have to just let this one go

A video would help. You can upload to YouTube then post a link here. If the neck and toes are seriously curled, then you may be right about having to let it go.

Ehhh its farm life. Appreciate the condolences but if we all get attached to every farm animal we bring in, then it would be even tougher for us when it comes time to process. I expected it but was hopeful it would make it.

So EBAY hatching eggs. Bought 18, hatched 8. So right under 50%, I can't say I'm super happy about that hatch rate but I'm not disappointed except for seeing one dead like that sucked.

Back
Top Bottom