Quail chick issue

TheQuailHouse2

In the Brooder
Mar 1, 2021
I recently got some quail chicks and I found one of them laying over dead. It had been fine only a few hours before. It had always slept way more than the other chicks and seemed to have a slightly hard time walking. The one thing I noticed that was really weird was that when I found it, it was on its back. If anyone has any information or theories they would be highly appreciated. Thanks!

Yes I’ve looked into some other forums with similar problems and that’s what I’m getting out of it.
If you didn't hatch the eggs from your own birds then you can't be sure if what the parent stock was fed. If it's just one chick it probably just wasn't meant to be.

What are you feeding them?

If you didn't hatch the eggs from your own birds then you can't be sure if what the parent stock was fed. If it's just one chick it probably just wasn't meant to be.

What are you feeding them?
I’m feeding them chick starter and I got the chicks from my friend and business partner. I think he would be feeding everthing right and he has done this many times before so I’m assuming it’s just the luck of the draw.

I’m feeding them chick starter and I got the chicks from my friend and business partner. I think he would be feeding everthing right and he has done this many times before so I’m assuming it’s just the luck of the draw.
Quail chicks do best on a gamebird or turkey starter feed with 20%+ protein, with 30% being ideal. Chicken starter isn’t always enough protein for them.

Back
Top Bottom