Quail chick nipple watering system completed.

Did you start your birds out on the water bottles? I have heard that you kinda need to start them from the beginning on the nipple type system. From about a day old mine were curious and pecking at anything shiny. The figured out when they pecked the shiny thing a drop of water would come out.

Quote:
400? you are a mad man or mad woman as the case may be. We hatched out a little over 300 and we had the little beasts everywhere!!!!!!!!!

I do like your set up though

Steve in NC

400 is a small batch. The incubator holds almost 1500 eggs. My breeders are just now laying those kinds of numbers. Im having a problem with the dying right now though. I posted on here a few weeks back looking for solutions. In 5 years I have hardly lost any birds. A few here and there which is normal considering those numbers but lately im not doing good. Im having to retrace everything I have changed in the past 6 months to see where I am going wrong. My last option is the feed. Im switching in 2 weeks when my new batch of 700 hatches.

I'm assuming from those numbers you are getting feed from a mill? We feed ours the 28% game bird starter from Southern States. I guess they quality control isn't always that good because sometimes the feed crumbles are to big for the quail to eat, we have to grind it up for the first week or so until they get bigger.

Steve

Back
Top Bottom