Quail Class

View attachment 2381837View attachment 2381838
Hello ! This is my new male ! His name is kufo !! (Cause he's a pharaoh! Lol )
View attachment 2381839
Here's him with some other quail I have ! Horrible setup I know, that's my I'm building ...this ↓View attachment 2381846View attachment 2381847
As soon as it's done i'll move em in ! I'm going to insulate the roof so if they fly up they won't get hurt .
View attachment 2381879View attachment 2381881
Here's it without all the junk on top!
I have just about the same. Don't worry about the roof. Add second floors to each side using plastic mesh. More space, exercise, privacy for hens, "panic room", easy to remodel, cheap!! Thinks to do, so they won't get bored. My DIY cage opens from top like a trunk and has a smaller door in front. I also hang plastic mesh from the roof so in case they boink ( they never did by the way) they won't get hurt

I have just about the same. Don't worry about the roof. Add second floors to each side using plastic mesh. More space, exercise, privacy for hens, "panic room", easy to remodel, cheap!! Thinks to do, so they won't get bored. My DIY cage opens from top like a trunk and has a smaller door in front. I also hang plastic mesh from the roof so in case they boink ( they never did by the way) they won't get hurt
I know, it's not so pretty, but they are happy and comfortable and everything is designed after observing their needs.

Attachments

• IMG_20201129_152736.jpg
    IMG_20201129_152736.jpg
    660.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20201129_154030.jpg
    IMG_20201129_154030.jpg
    529.3 KB · Views: 16
How many quail will fit in a 36 ft coop?
I have 12-15 in about 24 sq ft and it seems perfect. For 36 sq ft, I’d say 18-20, so like 15-16 hens and 3 Roos. My snowies are just maturing, currently I have 17 in about 20 sq ft, and that is too many imo, now that they’re crowing, some boys are leaving this weekend.

Im SUPER excited! firstly.. My website will be up this weekend!!
Hopefully. I have a customer! Tiffiny from Inspire farms.. maybe you are aware of her. She wants to buy 75 baby quail for me! hopefully! she will be lending me one of her incubators because mine only holds 56! Super happy! I'll let you guys know how it goes, and the link to my website for anybody who wants to take a look!

Im SUPER excited! firstly.. My website will be up this weekend!!
Hopefully. I have a customer! Tiffiny from Inspire farms.. maybe you are aware of her. She wants to buy 75 baby quail for me! hopefully! she will be lending me one of her incubators because mine only holds 56! Super happy! I'll let you guys know how it goes, and the link to my website for anybody who wants to take a look!
Sooo excited for you :celebrate

Back
Top Bottom