Quail Colony?!

savannahRoos22

Songster
Oct 13, 2017
Quail Colony? Is this okay? I don't want to have to build individual slots for quail. (1 male 3 females probably)-per slot! Is there any way that I can control behavior, even a little bit to maintain peace in a colony of quail with several males and several females all together. I know that males and females, both, can be aggressive. Asking about all quail, but in specific cotournix or buttons.
Thank you so SO much for any replies!

I keep pharos....and I have 50 all in one pen. No problem.

dunno with the other varieties

I never even considered separating them lol...just never crossed my mind. I bought them at a large farm where they had ALL varieties,...and they were all in big cages together. go figure. (separated by variety I mean..like Pharoes with Pharoes,....Bobwhites with Bobwhites) and like a thousand all in one cage.

I have a youtube video,...."SpookyCajun"......."around the farm" you can see a whole mess of quail all in the same cage.....pretty content.

Last edited:
I keep pharos....and I have 50 all in one pen. No problem.

dunno with the other varieties

I never even considered separating them lol...just never crossed my mind. I bought them at a large farm where they had ALL varieties,...and they were all in big cages together. go figure. (separated by variety I mean..like Pharoes with Pharoes,....Bobwhites with Bobwhites) and like a thousand all in one cage.

I have a youtube video,...."SpookyCajun"......."around the farm" you can see a whole mess of quail all in the same cage.....pretty content.
Thank you so much, That is real cool! I appreciate your reply.. and really like the videos you've got! :D Your farm looks awesome

Those are old videos lol,...you should see it now!
I have rabbit pens everywhere,..the barn is completed,....all sorts of stuff. Guess I need to take some new pics.

Back
Top Bottom