Quail Coop Competition! Show off your hard work....

I finally finished.....my first attempt at a quail pen and without any help from DH. Here it is! It is 30" deep and 8 feet long. It has 4 compartments that can be opened for one large pen or left closed for 4 separate pens. It has a wire top but will be changed to a metal roof when the weather cools down. It is hot in Houston this time of year so the more air flow the better. I spent close to $200 as I used all galvanized screws, hinges and latches and already had the wire on hand from my chicken coop. I haven't added the nesting boxes yet but they will be made so the egg rolls out of the nesting box into a holding area so I don't have to reach inside the nesting boxes. I am ready to get some quail now.....
ya.gif

This is the removable inside panel!

The finished pen.....
i wish I had that!

Thank you The Outdoorsman44! Soon my new quail pen will be full of quail. I decided to go ahead and put a metal roof on it and move it outside. So once the eggs hatch and the babies are old enough to get out of the brooder box they will get to move in.
celebrate.gif

Nothing fancy here. Mine is made from left over plywood, palettes and siding after building my chicken coop. The things I bought were the hardware cloth, drippers, pipes, and feeders.

T
hese below were added recently using extra cabinets I had.

Love it! Would you be willing to share your waterer and feeder designs? I have my first hatch of quail chicks (Northern Bobwhite 4 days old) in the brooder now. Gonna build the grow out and breeding coops next week. I would appreciate any help and advice.

Back
Top Bottom