Quail daddy X2

fatsu

Songster
9 Years
Jul 3, 2010
First time I've hatched coturnix and 2/4 of my eggs hatched. I've raised buttons from eggs before is there anything different I need to do with these little guys. Got them on high protein gamebird food in a brooder with some week old buttons. Food water heat anything else?

Quote:
your going to need more quail especially if it ends up being a pair

I agree with Brian on the need more quail....I would get them out of reach of the buttons soon, that could get ugly by accident... coturnix will be much bigger fast and walk on the buttons just because its impossible for a coturnix to walk around another bird, it must step on and over it... watch'em and you'll what Im talk'n about.. I dont do the buttons. Never saw the point, but coturnix will be happy with food, heat and water if theres more than one, 5 or 6 would be better. And like the kid said, if you end up with a hen and a roo, look out, the quail love'n will be non stop till somebodys dead... The hen just wont hold up long after he discovers his "special purpose" as JJ says... Good luck, Bill

I have 40-50 more in the incubator I just did 4 cause I couldn't wait to see if they'd hatch. Right now the buttons are still slightly larger than the coturnix but i know that won't last long. I just didn't see the point in running one of the other brooders for just the 2 chicks. They will have more friends soon (tonight or tomorrow) and I now have the second brooder preheating in anticipation of the hatch. Thanks for the advice I appreciate any and all suggestions

Back
Top Bottom