Quail Diapers

I know it's been a while, but I've finally gotten some socks :) now I just have to sew them!
So, you have been running around all this time with no socks to wear, and now that you have some they have holes in them?

Sorry about your sock problem. Get them sewn up, so you can get back to putting a diaper on that quail. We can't wait forever, you know

So, you have been running around all this time with no socks to wear, and now that you have some they have holes in them?

Sorry about your sock problem. Get them sewn up, so you can get back to putting a diaper on that quail. We can't wait forever, you know
Update, they didn't like the diaper I tried. I followed a tutorial to make two different ones for chickens but smaller, but it didn't work. Should I try a different type or drop it? I think it's because they aren't used to it, but I'm planning on getting more eggs. Should I try raising it so that it's used to wearing them?

Last edited:
Update, they didn't like the diaper I tried. I followed a tutorial to make two different ones for chickens but smaller, but it didn't work. Should I try a different type or drop it? I think it's because they aren't used to it, but I'm planning on getting more eggs. Should I try raising it so that it's used to wearing them?
Are you serious?

I would drop it. Seriously, all you're going to do is stress the poor thing out. If you're that determined to keep it nearby, keep some tissue or a cloth around and just clean up after it.

Try to remember that, like cats aren't dogs, birds aren't like either of them. Quail are prey animals and are going to be more flighty and scared. Prey animals usually make poorer pets than carnivores because it is their instinct to be afraid of everything.

I would drop it. Seriously, all you're going to do is stress the poor thing out. If you're that determined to keep it nearby, keep some tissue or a cloth around and just clean up after it.

Try to remember that, like cats aren't dogs, birds aren't like either of them. Quail are prey animals and are going to be more flighty and scared. Prey animals usually make poorer pets than carnivores because it is their instinct to be afraid of everything.
I realize that quail don't like wearing diapers and I am dropping it, but I would like to see if I could raise one to be used to wearing it as an experiment.

Back
Top Bottom