quail dust bath?

Like I said I only have the one pair so I just put a hand full of PDZ with the sand in the pan to keep the smell down in the sand. They use it as a bathroom as well as a tub, yuch. lol anyway I do sprinkle a bit around the cage but I use a wire bottom cage that is covered with nonslip shelf liner so it wont hurt their feet. Works well. I clean them once a week or so and do a complete cleaning job once a month, removing all the wood chips and everything and putting in fresh. I have to add to the sand bath every several weeks as they do knock it about. I have a full tray under the cage that catches most of it. I use a half tall finch flight cage with a seed catcher on it to contain the wood chips and sand too.
I know some folks that use the one gallon plastic ice cream pails that the cut a door into the side and place a dish inside filled with sand then shut the pail up and add to the enclosure for the bath. My cage is not that big and I am not worried about a bit of sand, it vacuums up easy enough. Recycle a old plastic dish or even a butter tub would work depending on how many birds you have in each enclosure. Good Luck!

Like I said I only have the one pair so I just put a hand full of PDZ with the sand in the pan to keep the smell down in the sand. They use it as a bathroom as well as a tub, yuch. lol anyway I do sprinkle a bit around the cage but I use a wire bottom cage that is covered with nonslip shelf liner so it wont hurt their feet. Works well. I clean them once a week or so and do a complete cleaning  job once a month, removing all the wood chips and everything and putting in fresh. I have to add to the sand bath every several weeks as they do knock it about. I have a full tray under the cage that catches most of it. I use a half tall finch flight cage with a seed catcher on it to contain the wood chips and sand too.
I know some folks that use the one gallon plastic ice cream pails that the cut a door into the side and place a dish inside filled with sand then shut the pail up and add to the enclosure for the bath. My cage is not that big and I am not worried about a bit of sand, it vacuums up easy enough. Recycle a old plastic dish or even a butter tub would work depending on how many birds you have in each enclosure. Good Luck!

thank you again for all of the info. its a great help!

Back
Top Bottom