quail dust baths

Sians quails

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jul 11, 2012
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for the quail dust baths?

So far I'm using 1 part sawdust (untreated) 1 part fireplace ash and 1 part dry fine dirt.

They seem to love it so far but I have some bran I was thinking of adding maybe instead of the sawdust.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

My Bobs love plain old damp dirt. They are so spoiled rotten now, that if the dirt is dry, they ain't bathing in it!

Yeah I'm using kitty litter trays for mine, in the enclosed side of the cages i built, my cpq's layed eggs just a few days after i put it in there (and they hadn't for months) and now she is sitting on them! Pretty excited she is on 9 or 10 eggs!!

So they wont die if i give them bran?

thanks guys :)

Full strength DE would be too much for their lungs. All the DE they would breath in during bathing. Only a small handful of DE is needed in dirt, sand, litter, what ever the medium is.

Full strength DE would be too much for their lungs. All the DE they would breath in during bathing. Only a small handful of DE is needed in dirt, sand, litter, what ever the medium is.
X-2 on ther lung how about ours? With 1/2 c and a coffee can sand There a cloud around my bird...cva34

I once inhaled a good cloud of DE,
he.gif
, and got a ripping lung infection!! DUH!!!....LOL, So ALWAYS use a mask when powdering that stuff around.

Back
Top Bottom