Quail Egg, 21.5 hours since pipping, trouble with other eggs.

Oob Child

Crowing
May 13, 2023
5am, day 19:
I’m starting to get worried. One of my eggs pipped at around 7:30 am yesterday morning, meaning it has been 21.5 hours since it pipped. I’m planning on waiting until the 23.5 hour mark to assist.
The egg was moving about and sounded very strong, it even squeaked back when I tried whistling to it. I really thought it would be out by now.
The other two haven’t pipped as far as I can tell, but one was definitely trying yesterday night. I’m not opening the incubator again to check.
There must be something off with the incubator temp, they all seem to have developed slowly. Which is weird, as I had an additional 3 thermometers all reading the same thing as the incubator for the first 14 days before I took them out.

Humidity: 70%
Temp: 37.8 Celsius

Any ideas?

I can hear the egg still pecking away at the shell. One of the other eggs is pecking away too, trying to externally pip. The third egg, however, doesn’t sound like it’s doing anything. I can’t see it wobbling like the others.
It’s 6am now. Someone help please.

I can hear the egg still pecking away at the shell. One of the other eggs is pecking away too, trying to externally pip. The third egg, however, doesn’t sound like it’s doing anything. I can’t see it wobbling like the others.
It’s 6am now. Someone help please.
I would say just leave it be I don’t touch the eggs until 36hrs after external pip

It's 10 minutes till hour 36. Can hear it chirping from in the incubator and the egg is moving a lot, but it's still not coming out. I have thoroughly read the assisted hatching guide on BYC (Can't remember who the author was, but it's the one everyone recommends)

Peeled away a bit of the shell, can see baby chewing so it must not be done with the yolk. Can see some small veins, ik leaving it be overnight. Humidity is at 70% and I used Vaseline to moisten the membrane. Its in position to hatch and chirping away.

Baby is out this morning! It's normal and so cute. Still wet, so I can't see what colour it is yet
The other egg quit just before hatch, kinda sad. One of them is moving a lot still and getting into position for pipping. Baby is so cute ♥️

Baby is out this morning! It's normal and so cute. Still wet, so I can't see what colour it is yet
The other egg quit just before hatch, kinda sad. One of them is moving a lot still and getting into position for pipping. Baby is so cute ♥️
Sorry about the one egg but congrats on the new baby and hopefully the other egg hatches soon

Thanks. It looks very underdeveloped, so I doubt it will be hatching in the next 2 days. Baby is still pretty wet, had to transfer it to a separate bator with low humidity.
Screw that, it just hatched all by itself. Two baby quail on day 20! 🤦‍♀️ I'll fix the temperature next time.

Back
Top Bottom