Quail egg struggling to hatch.

WolfGirlMagic

Songster
5 Years
Nov 9, 2017
hey guys. I am hatching coturnix quail eggs.
And out of 105 eggs out 7 batches only ONE egg has made it to hatch day.
Im desperate for this little one to hatch, but it is making no noise, and has not progressed with its external pip for 12 hours. If it was a duckling i would not worry at this point, but i hear quail take much less time. Should i assist???
(First quail batch to make it to hatch day. But experienced with hatching ducklings.)

Hi there. Wishing you great luck!

I usually wait 24 hours after external pip to assist quail or chickens. Is it still trying to get out?

Hi there. Wishing you great luck!

I usually wait 24 hours after external pip to assist quail or chickens. Is it still trying to get out?
The chick has not done anything for over 24 hours now. No peeping. No attempts to hatch passed the external pip. I carefuly opened the shell a little to see if it is alive and if it shrink wrapped or something.. It is alive, and still shows signs of veining, so i put it back. So odd for it to have pipped so early.
Im concerned with the lack of activity however. Usually when duckling pip internally they have moments of activity and talking. Quail has not made a peep.

"Pappa" (set on fathers day) hatched with a lot of help. The chick had a leg outside the membranes in the shell so it could not kick out. Strangest thing!

Attachments

• 20200709_043226.jpg
    20200709_043226.jpg
    302 KB · Views: 0
  • 20200709_041102.jpg
    20200709_041102.jpg
    265.2 KB · Views: 0

Back
Top Bottom