Quail egg trying to hatch for 24 hours

It is moving but i think its position weird.
From where the pip was, it is definitely malpositioned. Keep an eye on it, and if the movement starts getting weaker, you may need to start working on the membrane. A malpositioned chick rarely survives without help, but be prepared for it to not make it even with help. You're doing the best you can for this chick, but it might not be meant to hatch.

From where the pip was, it is definitely malpositioned. Keep an eye on it, and if the movement starts getting weaker, you may need to start working on the membrane. A malpositioned chick rarely survives without help, but be prepared for it to not make it even with help. You're doing the best you can for this chick, but it might not be meant to hatch.
Ok thank you this is the processes so far

Attachments

• 20200801_232824.jpg
    20200801_232824.jpg
    273.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 20200801_232804.jpg
    20200801_232804.jpg
    282.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 20200801_232755.jpg
    20200801_232755.jpg
    290.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 20200801_232750.jpg
    20200801_232750.jpg
    284.4 KB · Views: 9
I recently had five chicks hatch. Two hatched out completely normal, but the other three pipped at the wrong end. One hatched out on its own, but the other two needed assistance. One of them had unzipped all the way around, but still had membrane that it couldn't break, so I broke that and it was able to come out.
Here's a picture of it (right). It stayed like that for over 12 hours.
hatching egg.jpg

The other one had only unzipped half way around, so I had to break shell and membrane for it to come out.

After they came out, I removed the eggshells and inspected them. The two that I helped hadn't even broken their air pockets because they were so malpositioned!

I recently had five chicks hatch. Two hatched out completely normal, but the other three pipped at the wrong end. One hatched out on its own, but the other two needed assistance. One of them had unzipped all the way around, but still had membrane that it couldn't break, so I broke that and it was able to come out.
Here's a picture of it (right). It stayed like that for over 12 hours.
View attachment 2272825
The other one had only unzipped half way around, so I had to break shell and membrane for it to come out.

After they came out, I removed the eggshells and inspected them. The two that I helped hadn't even broken their air pockets because they were so malpositioned!
I got it out safe and sound. That was my first time doing that and I'm so thankful for some of your guys help.

Back
Top Bottom