Quail eggs not hatching

Crandox

In the Brooder
Jun 10, 2022
I have about 20 quail eggs in my hatching incubator rn, I moved them to a separate incubator for hatching, I candled all the eggs before moving them and more than 80% showed signs of full development, very few looked undeveloped. Well now it’s day 17 and they’ve been in the Hatcher for two days and there are NO signs of hatching at all from any of the eggs. Humidity in the Hatcher is steady at 65% and temperature is steady at 100.5 degrees. These are eggs layed by my own quail hens, last time I hatched shipped quail eggs and they started hatching on day 16 and most were hatched by day 18. What’s going on I’m getting really frustrated and worried.

Did you calibrate the hatcher? Is this the first time you've used this machine or is this a new issue?
Yes I did calibrate it and this is the first time I’m using the Hatcher, the only thing I could think of is maybe something went wrong with the turning or maybe I did my math wrong and accidentally put them in the Hatcher a day early and so it’s actually day 16. Let’s see I first started incubating the first set of eggs, of which there are 12, on august 5th, the other 8 went in on august 7th. I put both sets in very early in the morning, just after mid night.

Wait until Day 19 and then see if any hatched. If your girls have only just started laying it could be several weeks before they lay fertile eggs though.. my last group of ladies took another 4 weeks after their first lay to lay fertile eggs and that I think was my fastest so far.

Wait until Day 19 and then see if any hatched. If your girls have only just started laying it could be several weeks before they lay fertile eggs though.. my last group of ladies took another 4 weeks after their first lay to lay fertile eggs and that I think was my fastest so far.
Oh ok maybe that could be it, I still find it strange how the eggs look so well developed and healthy inside the eggs though? Well I’ll wait a couple more days, fingers crossed I’m hoping for a hatch🤞.

Quail eggs are hard to candle, maybe that's why it looks like there is something there, idk. If you have photos would be a great help too! Good luck!!
I don’t have any photos but I see everything is dark and then at the round end there’s a circle and then an empty spot at the round end where there’s no darkness.

My money is on being patient. On my first (and only hatch) I was worried and thought they were all duds. Turns out I had a bunch that where pipping in places I couldn’t see. Of the fertile eggs I got 70% of healthy chicks from that. Of the ones that didn’t make it 2 where my own fault.

Patience pays off.

Oh ok maybe that could be it, I still find it strange how the eggs look so well developed and healthy inside the eggs though? Well I’ll wait a couple more days, fingers crossed I’m hoping for a hatch🤞.
Quail eggs are hard to candle, maybe that's why it looks like there is something there, idk. If you have photos would be a great help too! Good luck!!

Back
Top Bottom