quail eggs not hatching

quailss

In the Brooder
9 Years
Aug 27, 2010
So far one out of 20 quail eggs hatched yesterday on the 21st day of incubation. It died because when it hatched the power went out for about an hour. I tried keeping it warm but it did not work. My question is how long more should i wait for the other eggs to hatch because i read from websites it was suppose to hatch at about day 18. Should i wait for a while more before disposing the other eggs.

Because the power went out, the temperature decreased. This can cause a delay in hatch. I would give the eggs a couple more days before you toss them out.

Usually for me, they hatch all at once and then no more do, but that's just luck. Anyways, I'm sorry about your loss.

Thx. Hoping for some to hatch but still no sign of pipping
sad.png

I cracked 8 eggs today. They were all stinky and bad should i throw away the rest?

Just wait one more day. It was unsafe to crack those eggs. Let me just tell you ahead of time, don't get your hopes up. It sounds like a bad batch to me.

Thx for the reply. Yeah i think that this is a bad batch too. I will use a bantam to incubate quail eggs the next time i try.

Last edited:
If 8 are already filled with bacteria and stink, I wouldn't keep your hopes up with the others. They may explode and that is no fun and more mess in the bator
sad.png
and the stink is terrible!

I have a feeling you got old eggs to begin with.

If you want to try again, let me know. I can send you some eggs
smile.png

I cracked the rest of the eggs and i only saw one egg that was fully developed but it was dead. Could i still re-use the sawdust that i had in the incubator or is it already infected. Quailladyoffortmyers thx but i dont think i would try again until next year.

Back
Top Bottom