Quail eggs ~ ?'s & would like to get some ~

redhead83402

Songster
11 Years
Apr 9, 2008
Idaho
jkcove08 (Jen)( & anyone else who feels so inclined)~ I posted this already, but thought that perhaps it wouldn't be fair to hijack cobbs thread with all of my questions, so I am re-posting it here ~ Also, I would like to purchase some quail eggs.

Hey Jen ~ we are looking to get some button quail eggs as a homeschool project. We've read up a lot on the subject, but here is the main question (plus a fewww more, lol )~

~>what sort of incubator do you suggest? I have seen a few go for about $50 on Ebay, but they are for chicken eggs ~> can we hatch quail eggs in a larger incubator like that? ~> Is it worth it to spend the $$ on the incubator?
~> or should we just get one of those little $17 class-room jobbers that only hatch 2 or three eggs?
~> Are those very dependable?
~> How many eggs do we need to buy in order to hatch out 2 mating pairs of quail?
~> how much space does a quail need?
~> How long do quail live, generally?
~> Are they as stinky/dusty as chickens ( you know how it is, brooding chickens in the house.....it can be a nose wrinkler, even under the best conditions ~ gotta get them out at around 8 wks or less)
~> I have heard that quail eggs are quite tasty, if rather minute, is this true?
~> Have you eaten any? (The kids were a little grossed out at this idea, however, they DID have to admit that we DOOO freely indulge on a very daily basis in chicken eggs...)
~> will we get addicted to hatching like the rest of these folks? ;-D
Thanks tons ~
~Red

Quote:
big_smile.png
PM me if you're interested in the eggs.
smile.png

Please dont get one of the cheap yellow dome ones that hold like 3 chicken eggs, if ou could get something to hatch in them you would be the first one Ive ever heard of doing so. They are almost imposible to keep steady temp in.

Oh, no! Cat... nonononono... you didn't butt in!
hugs.gif
I didn't mean that... I was only commenting because Mark mentioned my name and I had mentioned before that I had eggs available... but they're gone now so I'm glad you said something!
smile.png
No worries!!

hugs.gif

Thanks everyone!! I will be contacting ya'll for eggs once I get the incubator. I think I will have to go for a premade one, since I don't want to chance it, and besides which, I might THEN be able to get some aracauna eggs or some more brahmas or maybe some welsummers, or........hmmm.....(don't let my hubby see this... he thinks all we are going to do is hatch some quail in it..... heheheheheheBBWWWAHAHAHAHAHahahahahahaaaaa...)
~Red

Back
Top Bottom