Quail female aggression

I didn't keep her close enough to see them, no. It didn't occur to me it might not be a good idea to remove her entirely from the area.

Given our limited space, unfortunately they're going to have to learn to live together quietly or the troublemakers will join us at the dinner table. Like I said, I've got girls to choose from! Luckily though, most of the squabbling seems to have settled down. I will keep your advice in mind if they start it up again though. Thanks for the help!!

They had a dust bath and a bucket turned over as a line of sight break, which we replaced this weekend with two potted plastic plants. The fake plants have drooping foliage that creates a kind of tunnel to give them two separate hiding spaces. That seems to have helped!
You live and you learn, nothing beats learning from experience! We're very space-restricted too so trust me I understand your pain lol! It is the cutest thing how excited they get from dustbaths and how happy it makes them after! The hiding spots are definitely a great idea too, though I did no know that before and personally still do not have any.

I'm currently struggling with an aggressive bird in one of my cages but haven't witnessed any behaviours yet to know who, greatly hope it isn't the male because I can't replace him if I eat him! 🤣

I had a female like that, she wound up killing a few birds and lived with a single female she liked up until a few months ago. It's her 3rd spring now and I think she just got too old to be mean
Yikes! I don't like hearing that. But the majority of your adult females don't behave this way, I hope?

Thanks for sharing!!

Most the time behaviour like this seems incurable and can result in aggressive offspring. How did she behave after you separated her? If she continues to be aggressive just know she may get worse and could result in other girls' deaths.

Back
Top Bottom