Quail food

You'll have to offer it and see if they are brave enough to try it. I gave mine a tiny bit of cheese today. The male called the girls over and some liked it.

I have a much bigger operation and don't dare to introduce my birds with different types of feed for fear of them dying and not being able to supply the eggs i need to sale online. However, the only treat I will give my birds is lettuce...which they LOVE.

Chad

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a much bigger operation and don't dare to introduce my birds with different types of feed for fear of them dying and not being able to supply the eggs i need to sale online. However, the only treat I will give my birds is lettuce...which they LOVE.

Chad

Maybe look up a healthier green for them? I heard lettuce is mostly water and not nutrition and certain kinds can give some animals the runs (hamsters with iceberg lettuce I think?? Sorry it's been 20 years since I had a hamster haha!!). I don't know if this would apply to quail :p

Dark or colorful greens are supposed to hold the most nutrients, there's a spring mix option we get sometimes when it goes 50% off at the grocers - its full of young tender leaves of many different kinds of greens, some are pink ^^

Could you grow your own greens? Kale grows in the winter, our chickens love it but I've never tried it with the quail :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I give my birds iceberg lettuce during the winter months (it's cheep from the store). Otherwise I grow all kinds of greens and veggies for them during spring, summer, and fall.

Back
Top Bottom