Quail for Dinner?

i think the most humane is to stun the bird with a quick blow to the head and then immediately cutting the head off, holding the bird and striking the back of head against something like a piece of 2 x 4 and then cutting the head off, this can be done very quickly. i have found slaughtering for me to be difficult. for me i don't dip the bird in hot water to remove the feathers, i just skin them and this is easy, i then use kitchen shears and cut them down the back to open them up and remove the inside. i cut the head off with sharp kitchen shears.

Last edited:
You can "bonk" quail on the head if its easier for you. But I feel its much more "sure to be quick", if you simply grasp the bird in one hand and its head in the other and swiftly pull. It does not take much pressure to pull a quails head off and there no chance for suffering.... I'v done hundreds this way... hold the birds body till its calm after words.... Here is a clip with poor sound of cleaning we put up a while back... This is a graphic clip of dressing quail!! Sounds poor but you see the process, Bill

You can "bonk" quail on the head if its easier for you. But I feel its much more "sure to be quick", if you simply grasp the bird in one hand and its head in the other and swiftly pull. It does not take much pressure to pull a quails head off and there no chance for suffering.... I'v done hundreds this way... hold the birds body till its calm after words.... Here is a clip with poor sound of cleaning we put up a while back... This is a graphic clip of dressing quail!! Sounds poor but you see the process, Bill

I'm with BILL or Pruneing shears work well too...cva34

I'm with BILL or Pruneing shears work well too...cva34

thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom