1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Quail Genitics

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by vegafarm, Apr 15, 2009.

1. vegafarm

vegafarm In the Brooder

Nov 23, 2008
    UTAH
    Can any body help me? I ran out of I deas, i'm working on a new breed of quail, its called the " Golden Tuxedo Quail " I have been working on it for a long time. Its soppost to look like a normal tuxedo, but instead of black I want the Italian pattern on its back. If you have any ideas please email me at vegafarm@gmail.com thanks

You are welcome to view my web site at www.vegafarm.com We have all the japanese quail breeds ( ALL 18 breeds ), plus many new one's

Thanks for reading my topic!!! [​IMG]

Types of quail we have, Standard Coturnix, Red coturnix, black tuxedo, tibetan, Italian, Eglish, Rosedtt Red Coturnix, Black Tuxedo, Red Tuxedo, Tibetan, Italian, English, Rosetta,Texas A & M, Golden Range, and Bob-Bird.

New, Red coturnix, red tuxedo, bob-bird

2. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Quote:I have pretty much allof those or am getting them [​IMG]

I'm thinking if you cross a golden to a tibetan, then cross that offspring with an A & M you could possibly get something close to that. Otherwise I'm unsure.

3. Henk69

Henk69 Songster

Nov 29, 2008
    Groesbeek Netherlands

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by