Quail healed of coryza breathing problems, but not eye problem.

JimmyJames

In the Brooder
Aug 15, 2023
Hey there,

We have had a quarantined quail hen for a bit now. (6 weeks?) And she is now acting totally normally after what we believe to have been coryza. Breathing problems, lethargic, mucus in her beak etc...
That has all gone away, but...
We have tried numerous times... maybe 8 times to get the infection (puss) out of her eye. Not wanting to stress her out with continuous attempts, we have let her rest the last 2 weeks. But her eye is still swollen.
The last time I did it, I felt so much more confident and less worried because I had done it enough times.
But it just won't go away. We are trying everything we can to not have to put her on antibiotics. I did, however, buy some to have it on hand.

Is there something else I can do for her eye? It feels as though the coryza breathing problems have totally gone away and she is more chipper than ever. (and the back feathers that had been pulled out previously have almost completely grown back.

but this darn eye...
I know they are carriers for life when they get it. But What are we doing wrong, or what can we do about her poor eye.

She has obviously not been laying during all of this, because I imagine it's a teeeeenie bit stressful.

Anyway.
Any advice would help.

Thank you again so much for everyones help.
I can't wait until I can give back to this community and eventually offer experience!

~James

Back
Top Bottom