Quail in the Brooder.....GROSS, What should I do ! !

Cynthia12, that's the same bedding I use in my brooders and my crazy roo's cage! I do like it. Unfortunately, it's costly. The cheapest place I've found it is at Walmart, when they have it in stock.

My crazy roo is in a rat cage with a solid bottom. I line the cage with paper towels then about an inch of the bedding. He loves to make a little hole and sit in it like a nest. He never breaks through the paper towels, just moves the bedding out of the way. Then he seems to hunker down to the same level as the bedding. He's so low maintenance, I don't need to change the bedding in his cage but once a week. And not that it's because it smells or it even looks dirty. I just feel bad that it's going that long when everyone else gets their cages cleaned everyday.

I tried the shelf liner stuff since I had it...bad news.
sad.png
They were able to get the edge up and get trapped under it. I took it out and just used shavings. I was planning on using hardware cloth bottom when they are older, with a wooden nesting area and pine shavings. My DD built a cage for her bunny that is too small now.I thought I would put a raised 1/4" floor over the 1/2" floor that is there already and make a CC tray to go under the whole thing for easy cleaning..
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom