Quail not mating

I have three double-yolker eggs in the incubator right now. We'll see what happens :fl
Are you sure they are double_yolkers.??
I have read in an article that in doubl-yolker eggs initially both the embryos start developing but as they get bigger the stronger one will dominate and there will be competition for nutrients so one has to die within the egg. So you get only one chick. In many cases both the babies die within the egg. So hatcheries advise us not to incubate double yolked egg. But in rare cases both the chicks may hatch but they will be smaller in size than normal. If I were you I would never have put those eggs in the incubator.
But I wish you the best of luck with your hatching.....👍👍👍

Are you sure they are double_yolkers.??
I have read in an article that in doubl-yolker eggs initially both the embryos start developing but as they get bigger the stronger one will dominate and there will be competition for nutrients so one has to die within the egg. So you get only one chick. In many cases both the babies die within the egg. So hatcheries advise us not to incubate double yolked egg. But in rare cases both the chicks may hatch but they will be smaller in size than normal. If I were you I would never have put those eggs in the incubator.
But I wish you the best of luck with your hatching.....👍👍👍

I'm not 100% sure they are double-yolkers (but all the other giant eggs have been). I know there's a low chance of them hatching.

I have made an incubator at home. Don't know if it works. I could not go out of home to find a thermometer. But the temperature is not too much in it. The eggs are just slightly warmer than my hand.

Attachments

• IMG20200705150102.jpg
    IMG20200705150102.jpg
    389.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG20200705150108.jpg
    IMG20200705150108.jpg
    381 KB · Views: 8
Quails also lay double-yolker eggs! I did not know it before. Mine never laid one.
two of them have been laying for more than two months.

Mine neither, till the ones from last batch.
Now one of them seems to lay them quite regular.

I have made an incubator at home. Don't know if it works. I could not go out of home to find a thermometer. But the temperature is not too much in it. The eggs are just slightly warmer than my hand.

Interessting project. I am curious for the results, ... thinking of the cost of my incubator 🤔

Mine neither, till the ones from last batch.
Now one of them seems to lay them quite regular.

Interessting project. I am curious for the results, ... thinking of the cost of my incubator 🤔
I have just put the eggs in the bator. Should i count day zero or day one from today? How many days will they take

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom