Quail not walking correctly

Hi. Sadly Bella died in the night, lots of tears this morning as I buried my girl in the garden. Have done a precautionary deep clean of bowls etc & disenfected & replaced all bedding etc. I will still put in false ceiling. Thanks so much for your help and advice, I really appreciate it. Quail keeping here in the UK is a fairly uncommon thing to do which I find suprising as they're such fun little birds and the eggs are delicious. Again many thanks
smile.png

I need help my quail are onl 1-3 days old and I recently moved them out of the incubator somegof them walk normal and some walk like they are crawling with there legs back and some of them just lay on there back what is the cause of this can someone please help thanks

Last edited:
I need help my quail are onl 1-3 days old and I recently moved them out of the incubator somegof them walk normal and some walk like they are crawling with there legs back and some of them just lay on there back what is the cause of this can someone please help thanks
What temperature is your brooder? Have you checked it with two thermometers?

Are their legs straight out or do they look normal but aren't working?

Are you sure that they have drank water?

Sorry about yet another coturnix quail post... I keep my quail in a 8x12 greenhouse on dirt, and one of the males, Spaz, isn't walking correctly. He can move his feet, but can't hold his weight, so he pushes himself around on his belly with his feet. He look very healthy and his feet look fine! His toes aren't curled and he is eating and drinking normally. He has never done this before.

If this helps, i had 4 quail die just 2 days ago. :( I can't stand how they keep on getting hurt! Are they getting some sort of disease? Help please!

Back
Top Bottom