Quail on the Ground?

The bucket wont leak but the nipples drip pretty constantly since there is always a bird hitting at them. Where ever you put it make sure you put a raised platform (make a square of 2x4s edgewise) covered with 1/2 x 1/2 wire so the drips fall through and don't leave you a mud hole for your birds to play in.

The bucket wont leak but the nipples drip pretty constantly since there is always a bird hitting at them. Where ever you put it make sure you put a raised platform (make a square of 2x4s edgewise) covered with 1/2 x 1/2 wire so the drips fall through and don't leave you a mud hole for your birds to play in.
Awesome Idea!

Thanx for the suggestion...

Still looking for more cool tricks of the trade on watering feeding and just about anything else thats deals with raising quail!

keep em comin!!!

X2

do you happen to have a picture of the 2x4 box your talking about? would that go on the ground ( i'm a visual learner haha)

These are pictures of my 4'x8' quail tractor. The birds run in the box when I move it and it has a hardware cloth floor so no injured feet. Question is this. I have an open bottom on this so they can graze and play. I just had them dig out and make a brake for it. Should I out a chicken wire floor on the run area?

Back
Top Bottom