Quail Pictures!

Adri_San27

In the Brooder
10 Years
Sep 13, 2009
Pullman, WA
This is Beefcake my brown male : ) He's my favorite, because he lets me pet him and he'll just sit on my lap while I watch tv.

41095_beef_cake.jpg

Two of my chickies. They are only a few days old in this picture!

41095_chicks.jpg

41095_chicks_2.jpg

And here they are at 3 weeks old. The weather was warm today so I put them in my hutch (which I finished today!!) outdoors for a few hours. There are 13 of them, all browns.

41095_chicks_3_weeks.jpg

The littluns and the fatties together.

41095_quails2.jpg

: )

All in all, I have 3 full grown quails, 13 three week old quails, 5 almost one week quails, and around 40 in my incubator!!

Random story, I had a few extra eggs from my order and I put them with my mature quails to see what they would do, since they've never lain for me. Welll, the next day there's an extra egg! And another the next day, and another today!!!! I can't wait to see Beefcake's offspring : )

very nice. i like the last pic of the bigger one next to the smaller one in the feed dish

Edit Is that a purple hutch?

Last edited:
it was so funny i put the plate in temporarily because i was cleaning their normal feeder. they kept slipping on the surface, and then beefcake tried to mount one of the females while on the plate... fail lol.

and yes the whole hutch is purple : ) come spring, i'd like to train some clematis with purple flowers to grow over the top.

most of it is, but they have taken a coupla huge ones today that don't go down...but they trample it through the mesh eventually

Back
Top Bottom