Quail Questions?

Today Is hatching day. Its quite hard to see in the box as its got a red lid, I can't see any eggs moving. Is this normal? How likely is it they will hatch today? (if any do) :(

You're at the wait on pins and needles point to see what happens.

Do you know how much humidity you have in there?

Today Is hatching day. Its quite hard to see in the box as its got a red lid, I can't see any eggs moving. Is this normal? How likely is it they will hatch today? (if any do) :(

You won't. Most likely the first chick will surprise you in the middle of the night when you finally give in and go to bed. Sometimes I spot rocking and cracking before, sometimes not. Patience, grasshopper :D

Sara L is right. Protein percentages do not add up like that. If you have a four jugs and they are all filled with 25 percent water and 75 percent water, and you put them all into one big jar, you will not have 100 percent sugar and 300 percent water. You would still have 25 percent sugar and 75 percent water. You cant take the protein out of each item and only add that to your food mix. You are also adding the carbohydrates, the fiber, the fats...etc. This will dilute the protein. You have to figure out percentages of the food as a whole, because you are adding the whole food item, and not just the protein. Not being snarky, just trying to help. I hope your eggs hatch and you find out something that works for yoyr food. I also feed mine a Turkey starter crumble.

Back
Top Bottom