quail recipes

We do a stir fry with the breasts and veggies and serve over wild rice. Also, we have about a quart ziplock bag with leg 1/4's that we are going to try quail "buffalo wings" with, just haven't got around to trying it yet. lol

Steve in NC

Here is a recipe that is our family favorite. During processing we take the backs out of the quail (no meat and too many bones). I brown breasts and leg/thighs from a dozen quail in a little butter. Then in a large pot take a 'family size' can of Cream of Mushroom Soup with enough water or milk to make it a nice creamy consistency. I add 1/2 jar of Ragu's Roasted Garlic Parmesean sauce. (It is a white alfredo type sauce and it is kind of strong, so I only use 1/2 of the jar then freeze the rest of the jar for the next quail.) Add the quail and simmer for approx and hour or so until the meat is tender and come off the bone easily. Serve over any kind of rice. I have used yellow, white and wild.

Lisa
smile.png

if yall get a chance try them grilled with a honey burbon marinade they are great.just split them up the back spread them out place in zip lock bag with marinade and let them sit a few hours.i make a marinade use a little honey and a shot or two of burbon then what ever seasonings i have on hand that sound good and a little olive oil .i dont guess i have ever done it the same twice but it always turns out good.the result will quickly be a bone pile.

Back
Top Bottom