Quail stopped laying eggs

Qquails899

Songster
Dec 26, 2019
Hungary
One of my quails laid a thin shelled egg about 15 days ago and she hasn't laid since. The other one is screaming every time it lays an egg, and tonight the one who stopped laying screamed two times the same way but there is no egg. What should I do?

I don't know but it's chicken layer feed. I know it has less protein but I don't want to throw it away. Also my quail started drinking a lot.

You need to give them more protein. Chicken feed is not ideal for quails. How much chicken feed do you still have? You could add things to their diet to give them more protein while you're still giving the chicken feed but you really need to try to get feed more suitable for quail. You could add boiled egg, crickets or mealworms to their diets, other people may have other ideas on how to add protein.

You need to give them more protein. Chicken feed is not ideal for quails. How much chicken feed do you still have? You could add things to their diet to give them more protein while you're still giving the chicken feed but you really need to try to get feed more suitable for quail. You could add boiled egg, crickets or mealworms to their diets, other people may have other ideas on how to add protein.
What if I give them ground egg shells and boiled eggs as well? I gave them mealworms but the one that needs it didn't eat them. There is about 3 kilograms of chicken feed left.

Make sure you're feeding them a high protein feed. I'd also offer a dish of crushed oyster shells for a calcium boost. Thin brittle eggs are usually a sign of needed calcium. If their needs are not met they will not lay.

Layer feed is actually fine for a laying quail.
They only need the high protein the first 5-6 weeks of life.

Back
Top Bottom