"Quail Thread-Hatching, Mutations, and everything quail related!!!"

What happens is that incubation does not start until yolk temp reaches 99.5. So if the temp was to low to start or the eggs cool when you put them in that can throw them off.

Do you think it will just take a couple more days? When would you throw them out?
As long as there is no smell I would keep them going till 21. AND do not throw them out. Bust them over the sink to get an idea of when they failed. You can find a chart online that show development stages. T will help you figure out if you made a mistake or if the eggs were just infertile.

As long as there is no smell I would keep them going till 21. AND do not throw them out. Bust them over the sink to get an idea of when they failed. You can find a chart online that

show development stages. T will help you

figure out if you made a mistake or if the eggs
were just infertile.

Ok. Still nothing. I added a sponge last night & I smell a little something but nothing horrid...
Would you take one out to check?
The bulk of them were shipped so I didn't candle ( wasn't sure) and the rest are from my flock that has only been laying a few weeks. Mine might be infertile, but I thought for sure the shipped eggs would be good to go.
Frustrating

So my daughter's friend said she had some quail eggs given to her and asked if I'd incubate them for her to see if they're fertile. My only experience is with chickens and I've already gleaned much info from here. I know auto turners are made specifically for quail eggs. I have an auto chicken egg turner- would it be too rough on the quail eggs? Curiosity led me to agree to do this but I don't plan on spending $50 on a turner I'll prob never use again. Suggestions?

hmm u could hand turn it its pretty easy the chicken turner wont be any good and Quail racks are like 12 dollars go see incubator warehouse.com its only racks maybe on ebay and if you ever want to turn serama eggs you could do that

Back
Top Bottom