QUAIL WITH BROKEN FOOT GOT EYE PECKED PLEASE HELP

sscaria

Songster
Mar 8, 2021
Oh gawd in my last thread I told you about the quail with a broken leg (please view my last thread should be called quail with broken foot). Everyone said not to worry and just wait it out. I put him back with his friends. Today I was watching them and I saw his eye like this. I immediately brought him inside. He’s very active and doing that loud quail call of his over and over. I’m worried that his eye will get infected and he might die. I’m not sure how long his eye has been like that but I’m sure it’s been like that for a day or two. What should I do? Also his foot seems to be better. Pictures attached

His other eye is fine btw. Right now he’s back in the coop. Should I separate him? Also my dad says that the eyelid was pecked and his eye was fine, but I’m not so sure...

Attachments

• D04C1EE8-F14A-42CC-80BE-6A6A24FD9389.jpeg
    D04C1EE8-F14A-42CC-80BE-6A6A24FD9389.jpeg
    677.7 KB · Views: 36
  • A73F0F12-C72D-4659-8732-BF74AA6EE7B0.jpeg
    A73F0F12-C72D-4659-8732-BF74AA6EE7B0.jpeg
    469.6 KB · Views: 20
Oh my. Remove him immediately before they kill him.
Unfortunately once you take a bird away from the flock introducing them back doesn't always go well and may never work.

Avoid removing birds and reintroducing them as much as possible.

Oh my. Remove him immediately before they kill him.
Unfortunately once you take a bird away from the flock introducing them back doesn't always go well and may never work.

Avoid removing birds and reintroducing them as much as possible.
I put him along with two other bullied quails with the chickens who don’t mind him. Is that fine?

I put him along with two other bullied quails with the chickens who don’t mind him. Is that fine?
I don't think thats fine.. since he has an eye wound, they'll keep pecking at it and make it worse. he might also get his leg worse if he gets chased around. best to separate him so he can rest and heal properly without disturbance

I don't think thats fine.. since he has an eye wound, they'll keep pecking at it and make it worse. he might also get his leg worse if he gets chased around. best to separate him so he can rest and heal properly without disturbance
Alright, will do. Thank you. How can I help with his eye?

Back
Top Bottom