quail with no feather and no eyes ?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm with James here. All we can do is direct to you to information can be of assitance, which James has done. If you feel like you have a disease in your flock, contact a vet for immediate assistance. I'm not there to smell the birds nostrils to see if it has a foul odor coming from them, I can't listen to it's breathing, or watch it's behavior. I can say that the poor thing has suffered enough, please do the right thing and put it out of it's misery. We come here and help where we can, we can't solve your problem, all we can do is enable you to solve it.

I too agree that the quail needs to be put out of its misery. It is beyond help.
If you can't bring yourself to put it down in the usual manner that people here use, please take it to a vet and have them put it down.

As far as chicken and quail together, trust these folks. They know what they are talking about.

I don't think anyone is attacking you here Tarek. And maybe you didn't exactly receive the answer you were looking for. We as quail owners are highly protective of our flocks and when we see birds in this condition, it tugs at our heart strings. So you have to understand that we are going to sound harsh, may not direct an answer your way, other than to say to put this poor bird out of it's misery. There is no saving it. It appears to have Coryza, which in this case is so far advanced, I highly doubt you can save this bird. It is a very contagious disease spread by chickens to quail. For this reason, chickens and quail should not be kept together.

If I were you, any remaining birds you have left, should be given Sulfadimethoxine in the water for 5 or 6 days. This may help other birds that are not as bad off. They will be carriers for life and will spread this disease to any new quail you may add. A never ending bacterial disease. Don't let this bird suffer any more and put it down now.

So I'm hoping I'm not being rude or getting things off topic, or somehow derailing a conversation (I'm sorry if I am) but I've read many times that quail absolutely should never come into direct or indirect contact with chickens, but I have also heard of people using bantams to incubate quail eggs in lieu of an incubator how do people do that without wiping out the whole batch? Do they have the chicken inoculated somehow or something?

I have had quails and chickens living near each other. I think some people get lucky maybe. I never housed them together. Also knowing where your animals come from and the disease history can help you make that choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom