Quail with seizures!

View attachment 1511696
Just an update...my quail is ok, back in the cage for 2 weeks now. Turns out it's a boy, Rose is now Ross. He will likely never walk normally again but he seams happy and full of energy. He leans on the walls to walk so I make sure the food and water is by the walls. I even gave him a couple of females to pass time. They had been pecked badly by an aggressive male a while back so they were on their own. He try's to mount them but always looses his balance. ...he can keep trying lol!
Thanks for the update!

It does sound like he is recovering from a brain injury. He should continue to get better.

never heard of this before.. @007Sean @Quailfarmer6
Never have had that problem with quail, only my Reeves pheasant chicks and only this year. I don't have a clue to what's causing it, they haven't hit their heads on anything, so I suspect maybe something in their feed....possibly mold or mildew on the grain used in the feed. :confused: creating a toxin. I wish I could help but I don't know what's causing mine to have seizures, either.
If they haven't been "boinking" then I would check into the feed.

I'm lea
Never have had that problem with quail, only my Reeves pheasant chicks and only this year. I don't have a clue to what's causing it, they haven't hit their heads on anything, so I suspect maybe something in their feed....possibly mold or mildew on the grain used in the feed. :confused: creating a toxin. I wish I could help but I don't know what's causing mine to have seizures, either.
If they haven't been "boinking" then I would check into the feed.
I think it was the heat. Maybe this one didn't drink as much as the others, it was record hot when the stroke and censures started. I think if it was the feed they would all be sick. I inspect my feed for Mold and moisture and I store it in the house to keep it as fresh as possible. I guess a section of the food could have been contaminated and this bird ate it....we'll never know, sorry to hear about your pheasant, hope he is ok,

Back
Top Bottom