quail won't stop crowing!

You answered your question.
He is crowing because he has been separated from his mate.
If he is with another, he misses the previous one.
They aren't robots, and some bond very strongly to one partner.
yes I know that. I do have a heart for animals that's why I got them. he has been very quiet last few days so I think it was the summer doing it to him. thanks for your 2 cents input.

I have 3 pairs of the same quails there all m/f pairs and the only time the males crow is when there separated from the female. They will continue to crow non stop until you have one or more females with him. He is doing that all the time because he is trying to call in the females. The best thing you can do to stop it is to get some females I’d try to get a few females just incase she don’t like him or vise versa. Hope this helps.

I have 3 pairs of the same quails there all m/f pairs and the only time the males crow is when there separated from the female. They will continue to crow non stop until you have one or more females with him. He is doing that all the time because he is trying to call in the females. The best thing you can do to stop it is to get some females I’d try to get a few females just incase she don’t like him or vise versa. Hope this helps.
thanks for your reply! he's actually very quiet now which is great, he only crows in the morning for the cage to be opened up for light. I think it was summer affecting him because summer ends March here and he's very calm now. he loves the other male he's in with because they cuddle and groom each other all day. he really doesn't show any signs of sadness or loneliness. he's the fattest of them all because he's greedy with food. I was planning on get females but they are extreamly hard to get here in QLD as there's only 2 female to 7 males in each clutch normally which is bummer.

thanks for your reply! he's actually very quiet now which is great, he only crows in the morning for the cage to be opened up for light. I think it was summer affecting him because summer ends March here and he's very calm now. he loves the other male he's in with because they cuddle and groom each other all day. he really doesn't show any signs of sadness or loneliness. he's the fattest of them all because he's greedy with food. I was planning on get females but they are extreamly hard to get here in QLD as there's only 2 female to 7 males in each clutch normally which is bummer.
That’s good that’s good he has slowed down. And sucks about the females when we have incubated are eggs we always seem to get more females but we’re totally ok with that lol. To bad you are so far away I’d give you some females but I’m up in Ontario Canada

That’s good that’s good he has slowed down. And sucks about the females when we have incubated are eggs we always seem to get more females but we’re totally ok with that lol. To bad you are so far away I’d give you some females but I’m up in Ontario Canada

oh wow really? that's so strange you get more females. it's very rare to get them here, pet stores put prices up when its female. ridiculous!

I'd love to start my own breeding just for the experience

Back
Top Bottom