Quaillady!

StevenW.

Crowing
13 Years
Oct 7, 2010
Central, Illinois
I really enjoy your website and it's full of information. Right now my mom is looking at your site and decideing if she wants to let me get some button quail cause she loves how small and cute they are.

thumbsup.gif

She said I could get some quail but not alot of them though.

Which breed would be better, Coturnix or Buttons?

Would really appreciate a honest answer
hmm.png

Well,
It depends on what you want to do with them. I have 2 pairs of button quail. I have them in my 10X8cockatiel aviary to keep the floor "stirred" up. And they help to eat the litle bugs and tiny seeds the tiels won't. I can't play with them. They are not tame. However, i havespoken to a few people on the forum that have coturnix and it seems that those are better as pets. You can handle them and cuddle them and they seem to be better able to tolerate humans.
I am planning on ordering a big bunch of eggs from a forum member in a few weeks. he has good prices, good assortment and fair shipping. I've been looking on Ebay and it seems that all are more over priced than he is.,..He also has Bobwhites, so I'm waiting until he has extra eggs and ordering a lot of each..lol
So, I guess when you get into the quail side of the forum, there will be plenty to answer your questions..

Quote:
Thank you for answering my question
smile.png

I think Coturnix would be a better choice

Welcome to the dark side Steven Bwahahaha
cool.png

Quote:
Welcome to the dark side Steven Bwahahaha
cool.png

It's all your fault!
tongue2.gif

Probably so. Glad I could help